Thursday 11 September 2008

Finally!

I learned something this week that might massively improve my quality of life. I found out that one of the tablets I take at night (a drug called procycladine, which combats some of the side effects of the antipsychotics) is a stimulant. This means that it might be the cause of me not sleeping. I've stopped taking my night time dose, and I'm waiting for it to get out of my system a bit, and to start sleeping. Why couldn't someone have told me this before?

My social worker is being really helpful. She's got me an emergency appointment with my psychiatrist on Monday, so hopefully he'll help me too. The psychotic symptoms are no better, but at least I can still think in an organised way. When that goes, I'm stuffed!

I'll let you know what's going on on Monday.

No comments: